Monday, November 30, 2009

you're a hot mess and i'm falling for you/i'm like hot damn let me make you my boo

“Viv, I knowwww you’re there! Pick up the damn phone!” Vivienne Karina heard her little sister’s voice shouting through the answering machine of her apartment. Lexy could be so annoying sometimes, but now that her career as a pop star had taken off, Vivi had to talk to her sister when she got the chance.



“I’m here, I’m here, yeeeesh. What’s up baby sister?” Vivi asked, picking up the phone. She had to put down the script she had for her latest movie, a fun romantic comedy with a famous comedian. It wasn’t that she was a workaholic, but that she liked to be busy.

“I just wanted to know if you’re going to that party, at that place?” Lexy giggled over the phone, sounding a little bit tipsy.

“You know me, Lex. I’m a homebody at heart. And I think I’m scheduled to go to China sometime next week. I’ll have to ask Sookie tomorrow morning.” Vivi rolled her eyes. She wasn’t a party person, but she liked the alcohol.

“But I’m going to be performing! You have to come!”

“I’ll see what I can do, baby sister.” Vivi smiled to herself. She remembered the day their mother brought Lexy home from the adoption center. She had been so tiny and delicate. And now she was a superstar. They had shared everything from the time Lexy could walk. They even shared their celebrity status, being seen together as often as possible.

“I heard that dishy gymnast fellow is going to be there.” Lexy said. She had a girlie crush on Garrett Wendlant, a rather popular Olympic gymnast.

“Oh, Lexy, don’t start on about him again. Are you sure he’s even straight? A guy who’s that comfortable in a leotard can’t possibly be that into vaginas.” Vivi said, laughing and rolling her eyes. She got up with the cordless phone, and moved into the kitchen to begin the hunt for food.

She heard her sister gasp on the other end of the phone. “Vivi! That’s so mean! I’m sure he’s a very nice fellow, gay or straight. You should come to one of his meets with me.”

“Will you be standing on the sidelines with a cardboard sign that says Garrett, I want your babies? Cuz If you are, I am borrowing one of your costumes. You know, the one you wear to tea. Tea cup, hat, and all.”

“Oh, that one would look amazing on you! Especially with your dark hair, the white would just pop!” Lexy certainly knew how to change the subject.

They talked for about an hour about clothes and schedules; Vivi had to consult her Blackberry several times. Her assistant was constantly adding things here and there, filling her schedule up faster than she could make plans for herself. Vivi was forever deleting things and adding her own commitments, then going back to double check and find that they had been replaced again.

“Alright, Lexy. I gotta go, and find some food. I have nothing in my fridge.” Vivi said, grabbing her purse and keys. Sitting down tonight was going to be a little difficult.

“Okaaaaay.” Lexy whined on the other end of the phone. “Just remember my show next week, okay? I love you, big sis!”

“I love you, too, baby sister.” Vivi said, smiling and hanging up the phone. And it was out the door. There was sushi place down the street that she frequented, and spicy tuna rolls with a gallon of sake to wash it down with were just what she needed.

After her supper, she was a little unsteady on her feet. Not from all the drink, but mostly from having been on her feet all day with the combined force of high heeled boots pinching her toes. So she wasn’t surprised when she stumbled and bumped into someone on her way back to the housing complex where many of the celebs resided.
“Ow!” she said, falling on her behind to the ground, dropping her purse with its contents spilling over the sidewalk. A photographer camped on the on the other side of the street took the opportunity to snap several pictures. Vivi could hear the shutter going from her place on the sidewalk. Her stomach turned when she pictured the headlines it would make the next day.

“I’m terribly sorry…” She said, starting to gather her things up. The man held out his hand, and helped her up, and she finally got a good look at the person she’d walked into. She was staring right into the eyes of Garrett Wendlant. She brushed herself off, and checked herself out to make sure she was okay, “Thanks.” She said softly as he handed her the purse she’d dropped.

“You’re welcome. Next time, don’t drink so much.” He said, heading off in the opposite direction. Vivi stood there and stared. How rude! She made a mental note to tell Lexy about her encounter, and headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment